Life Skills Manor for Autism will create a specialist, language-focussed environment for pupils aged 10-18 that will facilitate better than expected progress academically, therapeutically and socio-behaviourally, preparing pupils for full independent lives.
The school will be distinctive in its offer of:
- A double-stranded, integrated specialist curriculum (academic and skills based)
- Skills based lessons that are linked to the operations of the school i.e. food preparation for lunch times, DIY lessons etc.
- A bespoke whole school Literacy programme embedded within the curriculum
- Preparation for a broad range of accreditations, certifications and GCSE qualifications that are recognised by employers
- Personalised intervention programmes to target pupils’ additional needs
- Sensory integration therapy provided by a school employed therapist.
- Outreach work and sharing of good practice